The classic seduction of chocolate coupled with the seductive newcomer, the Kanzi® apple, in a soft, sweet and irresistible dish:
- Melt the chocolate au bain marie. Mix the egg yolk and vanilla sugar in another bowl and warm it in another bain marie.
- Beat the egg yolk and the vanilla sugar until you have obtained double the volume.
- Fold through the melted chocolate, add the rum and the ground cinnamon.
- Stir until you have a smooth mixture and let cool to room temperature.
- Beat the cream until peaks form and then fold through the chocolate mixture.
- Chill the mousse for two hours in the refrigerator.
For your compote:
- Peel the Kanzi® apple and chop or slice it.
- Pour the sugar into a saucepan and heat over medium heat.
- As soon as the sugar turns golden brown, add the Kanzi® slices or cubes and pour over the apple and orange juice.
- Add some star anise, a cinnamon stick and the halved vanilla stick and reduce the mixture by half.
- Finally add the dissolved potato starch and stir through properly. Chill the compote in the refrigerator.
Serve the compote with the mousse.